So many things have happened since my last post. Most of them centered around twerking.
I won’t bore you with my johnny come lately thoughts on the whole Miley situation. I’ll just say that I feel bad for all of the little girls out there who loved her and now must be confused as shit about what it means to be grown up. Problem for Miley is that she’s caught between a rock and a hard place. She’s not talented enough to compete on her art alone, and she’s not pretty enough to become a true sex symbol like Britney was back when she went through her version of growing up on MTV. She also has no message…and no cause…like, let’s say, Gaga. Which means, I guess, that all she has is shock factor. If you can even shock anyone anymore.
Many of the reactions to her performance were about how she was too skinny, how she wasn’t attractive and how she just wasn’t sexy. Men don’t want her and girls don’t want to be like her because men don’t want her. And yes, the use of “men” and “girls” in that sentence was intentional. Soooo….she’s being labeled as just a skank. A kind of a dirty joke, really. Is that sad? Or unfair? Or pathetic? Or just not true? I doubt it. It just is what it is.
Oh crap, I went ahead and bored you with my johnny come lately thoughts on the whole Miley situation. My bad.
Another thing that happened since my last post is…..drum roll.…I got my DRIVERS LICENSE! Be afraid. Be very afraid.
I also got a new cookbook. (Okay, I got three new cookbooks. I have a problem you guys.) It’s Gwyneth Paltrow’s, It’s All Good, cookbook. I’m working on a post about my thoughts on Gwynnie (mixed) and the uber healthy recipe I made from her book over the weekend (good).
Finally, I got a cool award from one of my favorite bloggers on WordPress, Simple Heart Girl. She recently got featured on Freshly Pressed, but I’ve been following her since before she got super famous. 🙂
There are certain guidelines to follow when you get something like this, so here goes.
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
(I don’t have 15 and am also going to add some of my non-WP faves here. What can I say. I can’t be trusted to follow instructions.)
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know about their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Blogs you should check out (in no particular order):
- Tipsy Lit
- Creative Liar
- Homemade Delish
- Ned’s Blog
- I Miss You When I Blink
- Smitten Kitchen
- The Bloggess (of course)
- Nobody’s Reading Me
- The Londoner
7 oh so super-duper interesting things about moi:
- Even though I just got my license to drive. I would much rather be driven. I mean, who wouldn’t?
- I’m not a fan of cats. Kittens, yes. Cats, no.
- I once went clubbing with Mark Wahlberg. Highlight of his life.
- When I was ten, I wanted to be an archaeologist.
- When I was fourteen, I wanted to spin records like Spinderella.
- When I was in college, I wanted to be a judge.
- Today, I’m in marketing. (Let’s let that sink in.)
What did you guys get up to this past weekend? Any thoughts on Miley are welcome.
Categories: Rants and Raves