I just can’t quit Gwyneth Paltrow, you guys. I see an old movie of hers and her pouty/frowny face annoys me. I read about something cool she’s doing for fat kids somewhere and I love her again. I hear that she makes her bodyguards block the entrance to restaurant restrooms so that she can use it without anyone else being in there and it sets my teeth on edge. I see her in an episode of Glee and I’m back into her. I read about her perfect eating habits and perfect workout routine….and….you get the drift.
And then a while ago I got her cookbook, It’s All Good, and then this weekend I made one of her super tasty recipes. And now I’m totally back into her. Dang it.
Italian Tuna & Chickpea Salad (From It’s All Good.)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar (play with this though — you may want a bit more acidity depending on how much oil stays from the tuna)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 8ish oz italian tuna packed in olive oil (drained well)
- 14 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 3 scallions thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 oz of arugula, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Add all of the remaining ingredients, mix, and then add as much salt and pepper as you need to suit your taste. (Just watch the salt as you know too much is never a good thing.)
That’s it! Super easy right?
Make this whenever you want a clean, protein-packed lunch. Just warm up some whole wheat pita halves and stuff with this salad. It’s actually better the next day, so make a double batch and you’re golden Pony Boy.
Let me know how it turns out!