Hiya! Welcome to Summer of George. I applaud your decision to visit.
A little about me:
- Born in the Ukraine (yes, it’s the Ukraine) when it was still part of the U.S.S.R.; emigrated to America at eight; grew up and went to school in Massachusetts in the 80’s (which was wicked awesome); moved to New York in 1999. So if you didn’t come to party don’t bother knocking on my door. But more about my obsession with his purple majesty later.
- Spend most of my time roaming the streets of New York City and in our sweet, center-hall colonial in Essex County, New Jersey where, even after two years, I’m still trying to figure out how all of the crap in our basement works.
- An only child. This and the being Russian thing explains A LOT.
- Engaged to a smart and sexy Sicilian who makes reading 50 Shades of Grey completely unnecessary. (Do not even get me started on how I feel about this piece of crap book, and NO we have not started to plan the wedding yet so stop asking Mom.)
- Wannabe chef, writer, dog-owner and world-traveler.
I write about whatever I happen to be doing or thinking at the time, which explains the copious amount of posts about food. Don’t believe me? Look at this picture. See how happy I am? Now where am I and what am I doing? Exactly.
If you want to know how I came to name my blog Summer of George, you can read about it here.
Thanks for stopping by and good luck to ya!